Discuss Basin bottle trap corrosion in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nea2023

The Basin bottle trap is in bad condition and begin to loose water due to corrosion (I believe it is lead). May I use pattex putty paste or collak as an emergency solution? How can I loosen the bottle trap nuts? They are so rusty and calcified I am afraid they may break if try to unscrew them. Thank you.

Use what you need to prevent it from leaking as it's only a trap, expect the worst once you attempt the disassembly i.e prepare to have to replace it all so it doesn't matter if you break the nuts. It sounds like they aren't reusable anyway.

Reply to Basin bottle trap corrosion in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Please Read Full Description/ I Am Manchester Based Plumbing And Heating Fittings/Materials/Consumables 1000's £££££££ Various Items(See List...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going insane with this issue. I recentrly removed a McAlpine Anti Syphon Bottle trap from my basin, and purchased an identical one from...
Replies
Views
Hi am going to cut a long story short, £250 for a plumber with 2 days of him trying to install a kitchen sink with no success he abandoned the job...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock