Discuss Worcester Bosch Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I'm new here so go canny with me.
Hoping that someone can help with the following concerning weather comp, it is a Worcester Bosch comfort+ll control and in the menu it asks to set these values.These are what my thoughts are, are these correct. I am aiming for around 20c for the room temperature.

TYPE CIRCUIT: conventional heating
LIMITER: no
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP: 10c
DESIRED FLOW TEMP: 60c
BASE FLOW TEMP: 37c
EXTERNAL TEMP: -3c
ROOM INFLUENCE: 18c
I am probably wrong with these, would appreciate any help
Thanks in advance

Hi
Reminder of what I have:

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 combi boiler
Worcester Bosch Comfort+ ll RF controller
Worcester Bosch wireless Weather Compensator

I am really struggling with the settings regarding the weather compensation, these are my revised settings:

TYPE CIRCUIT: conventional heating (Unchanged)
LIMITER: no. (Unchanged)
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP: 15c. (Changed this from 10c)
DESIRED FLOW TEMP: 65c. (Changed this from 60c)
BASE FLOW TEMP: 37c. (Unchanged)
EXTERNAL TEMP: -3c. (Unchanged)
ROOM INFLUENCE: 0.Kelvin ( I have tried various settings 0 to 10)

What I find is happening is if for example I set the room thermostat to auto and temperature at say 19c and the boiler to switch on and off at the time settings, it is switching on and off but the temperature just keeps slowly rising to say 23.5c ignoring my target setting, I end up having to switch the boiler off. Surely the boiler should automatically switch off when it reaches around 19c. in this example. The weather sensor is in communication with control as it is showing the outside temperature in the info settings. Also it lets me enter into the weather compensation settings ( if it was not connecting to the weather compensation it would not show in the settings) I have tried different settings with the Room Influence from 0 to 10 K but the temperature just keeps rising. (I have also noticed that the boiler has settings for weather compensation in the manual but it is not showing in the settings on the boiler, I am assuming this would only show if it had the wired weather compensation connected?)
Am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
Best phone Worcester tech up and ask them as you might need to set it up on the boiler

Hi ShaunCorbs
I received a phone call from a Worcester Bosch technician this morning and he talked me through what the settings should be on the Comfort+ll RF and the boiler settings based on how many radiators I have and how much the house is insulated. He basically told me to have the boiler temperature at 82°c and the heating set to 50°c (lowest it would go). Roughly 1.5 KW per radiator for which I have 8 radiators so that should add up to about 12kw which is about half of what the boiler can output. The weather compensation set at the following:

TYPE CIRCUIT: Regular
LIMITER: No
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP : 15°c
DES FLOW TEMP: 65°c
BASE FLOW TEMP: 30°c
EXT TEMP: -3°c
ROOM INFLUENCE: 0 kelvin

He said that should improve things but I still might need to tweak temperatures slightly as it is difficult to get it right first time.
The boiler settings for the weather compensation do not show in the settings because it recognises that I have the Comfort+ll installed so that it doesn't clash with any other settings.

Last edited:

Reply to Worcester Bosch Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back