Discuss Where would a vent stack be in this wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of course but I'm wondering where a vent pipe would be. There is a bedroom above the plumbing wall and it's open right above this wall so it can't be going straight up. The floor joists run parallel with the wall so it probably goes between them over to the wall on the left which carries through to the attic.

The reason I want to know is, I want to put recessed medicine cabinets below the lights. If there is only one vent pipe in the center of the wall between the vanities I could make it work. I hate to cut out drywall just to see. I guess there is no way to determine before dong that?

Attachments

• 20240508_062107.jpg
    20240508_062107.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
I guess what I'm asking is with a typical installation like this would the two vanities' drains come together in a four way with the drain to the bottom and the vent to the top? Or would it be more likely there is a separate vent just off each vanity that ties together before going on up?

I'll get up in the attic but I don't think that will be very conclusive. I'll probably just cut out enough drywall to look in where the cabinets go but small enough that the cabinet will cover the hole if I still do a surface mount.

Question answered. I opened the wall up enough to see there is no vent pipes. Only a 14/3 romex that I think I will be able to re-route without cutting even.

Reply to Where would a vent stack be in this wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back