Currently reading:
What we all working on this week ?

Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a insurance job to try and rescue a poorly installed quad shower the customer wants to save the tiling if possible and has a few spare so fingers crossed it may work , the loss adjuster allowed em £1500 that will just about cover materials. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    420 KB · Views: 65
Does it re circ the water ?

No, it could do if they had the water storage capacity but they are restricted with space.

so just goes to drain how are they handling the back flow risk ?

It’s not my day today :D

finished the boiler off and come to fire it up no oil flow either someone’s forgot to order some or someone’s nicked it which do you think the builders sticking to :D

and then my testo decides to crap itself only just come back from service

I like the lockshield valve on leg to exp vessel - great!

What's the mini shock arrester for?

I like the lockshield valve on leg to exp vessel - great!

What's the mini shock arrester for?

cold mains into the boiler always fit them due to quarter turn cartridges

so just goes to drain how are they handling the back flow risk?
so just goes to drain how are they handling the back flow risk ?
Do you mean for the CW supply or drainage? The machine empties into a settlement tank and then into a Drainmajor which will pump it up about 5m to a soil stack in the building. CW wise, I'm undecided what fluid risk it is at the moment. It doesn't actually hold any water as such, it just fills at a steady rate from the top of the drum and discharges out of the bottom through an open waste. Its not possible for it to over fill into the machine itself as the water just runs straight out of it. Id like it to be CAT 3, but it might be CAT 4

Do you mean for the CW supply or drainage? The machine empties into a settlement tank and then into a Drainmajor which will pump it up about 5m to a soil stack in the building. CW wise, I'm undecided what fluid risk it is at the moment. It doesn't actually hold any water as such, it just fills at a steady rate from the top of the drum and discharges out of the bottom through an open waste. Its not possible for it to over fill into the machine itself as the water just runs straight out of it. Id like it to be CAT 3, but it might be CAT 4

any cleaning chemicals or is it just rocks ?

Both, the drum
It uses aggregate and chemicals, but they don’t mix with the water before going into the mixing drum, they both have separate supply lines so I can’t see any risk of contamination. I’d say that there is less risk than you would get with say a dish washer or washing machine, I might just fit a double check valve. The other option is an RPZ valve but they are pricey and not so easy to get hold off.

Where’s the fill port below the spill level or above ?

Replacing a pump in a pressurisation unit this morning, got to site and the bottom pan is nearly rusted through! Couldn't get spray paint in blue so white will have to do 🙄

Pressure Unit Repair.jpg

Attachments

• Pressure Unit Repair-2.jpg
    Pressure Unit Repair-2.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Pressure Unit Repair-3.jpg
    Pressure Unit Repair-3.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 10
  • Pressure Unit Repair-4.jpg
    Pressure Unit Repair-4.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Pressure Unit Repair-5.jpg
    Pressure Unit Repair-5.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 18
Made a bit of progress
Grouting these up today i can't finish em completely as family issues have forced me to stop working from today , got metros finished done on the opposite wall but still a good couple of days to complete the job ☹️

Attachments

• PXL_20201216_164917540.jpg
    PXL_20201216_164917540.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20201217_144102181.jpg
    PXL_20201217_144102181.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 13
Really tidy job Simon how much that lot bet it wasn't cheap if I had to guess 10 k ish ? well done bud after the mosaic job before this one you deserve a well earned break mate have a good Christmas bud . Regards Kop

Just under 5k from me, customer supplied all the gear bar pipe, fittings, self leveller, adhesive and grout.
Plenty of assistance before hand to make sure the tray former and tanking was what I wanted. The wash stand, mirror and towel holder were all custom made, shower screens 10mm kudox, vitra basin and grohe shower, taps and wc.
First smart box shower I've fitted, very impressed.
Wall tiles were porcelain, drilling was a pain, floor tiles ceramic. All expensive and really good quality.
Warm up underfloor heating. Electrician was in for a day and half. New spots, wall lights moved, new shaver socket, under floor, electric towel rail and wifi control for underfloor.
So I would think your 10k is not far from the mark.

Nice to work with top end materials for a really good customer.

I'm out this morning to fix a toilet. Then tomorrow to strip out a shower enclosure and prime, tile monday, grout and finish Tuesday then that's it. Phone off and 10 days off.

Only blot is that overnight the wifes uncle passed away. Heart failure, but he had a positive covid test a couple of weeks ago and although he wasnt affected by it it will go down as the cause of death.

Just under 5k from me, customer supplied all the gear bar pipe, fittings, self leveller, adhesive and grout.
Plenty of assistance before hand to make sure the tray former and tanking was what I wanted. The wash stand, mirror and towel holder were all custom made, shower screens 10mm kudox, vitra basin and grohe shower, taps and wc.
First smart box shower I've fitted, very impressed.
Wall tiles were porcelain, drilling was a pain, floor tiles ceramic. All expensive and really good quality.
Warm up underfloor heating. Electrician was in for a day and half. New spots, wall lights moved, new shaver socket, under floor, electric towel rail and wifi control for underfloor.
So I would think your 10k is not far from the mark.

Nice to work with top end materials for a really good customer.

I'm out this morning to fix a toilet. Then tomorrow to strip out a shower enclosure and prime, tile monday, grout and finish Tuesday then that's it. Phone off and 10 days off.

Only blot is that overnight the wifes uncle passed away. Heart failure, but he had a positive covid test a couple of weeks ago and although he wasnt affected by it it will go down as the cause of death.
A well deserve rest Simon have a merry Christmas mate, condolences for your loss this virus is a right barsteward it has got a right hold again, kop

Customer sent me photos off the 'dressed' wetroom.

Attachments

• received_855219328667886.jpeg
    received_855219328667886.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 15
  • received_3527308794026487.jpeg
    received_3527308794026487.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 12
  • received_2782688295383104.jpeg
    received_2782688295383104.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 13
  • received_781684082421008.jpeg
    received_781684082421008.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 14
  • received_1255609214820579.jpeg
    received_1255609214820579.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 16
  • received_392447981870775.jpeg
    received_392447981870775.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 12

Reply to What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock