Currently reading:
What cap for kitchen sink waste?

Discuss What cap for kitchen sink waste? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karelia

Hi all

Apologies for ignorance - water has been backing up and leaking out of this fitting below a Franke 1.5 sink recently, where the blue cap is evidently broken.

ENIMAGE1326710105110.jpg

Questions:

1. Will replacing cap be enough to stop leak (or is this indicative of some other problem - it happens only when washing machine is on)?

2. What's the cap called to order replacement?

Thanks in advance!

K.

a mcalpine 38mm blank disc, or prob easier to get off the shelf a mcalpine washine machine spigot, or take the blue cap off shove some paper in and fill with silicone, either way you need to clear the blockage which is causing the back pressure and leak

Many thanks, kirkgas!

I've just noticed that the drain outside the kitchen, where the washing machine as well as dishwasher and sink overflow empties, is completely blocked with leaves and gunk. I'll clear that and hope it's that blockage that's causing back pressure.

Best

K.

i agree with kirk you need to blank it off. get a replacement spigot set which should come with a blanking disc to go in where the spigot goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What cap for kitchen sink waste? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock