Currently reading:
Soldered Compression joint etc.

Discuss Soldered Compression joint etc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P M ROACH

Dented gas pipe; outflow support; soldered compression joint for water to shower. Thoughts please ...... How serious is this?

Gas Feed.jpgOutflow.jpgSoldered Compression Water to Shower.jpg

Attachments

• Soldered Compression Water.jpg
    Soldered Compression Water.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask the OP. How have you come across this? Has there been a problem, or was it just in the course of doing something?

Thanks for your thoughts.

All as fitted in new build. I am owner & DIY only simple job plumber. This not my work. Never seen this sort of thing before. Trade fitter said each thing OK and jointing method is improved system.

Thanks for your thoughts.

All as fitted in new build. I am owner & DIY only simple job plumber. This not my work. Never seen this sort of thing before. Trade fitter said each thing OK and jointing method is improved system.

Trade fitter = professional waffler

It would be worth having those eyesores :puke: that you have identified replaced to save yourself some heartache in the future & if the same chimp did the gas pipework I'd get that checked while I was at it.

its a micky take, thats what that is, i someone came into my home and done that there arse would be out the door before his tee was cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are special brass fittings that are DESIGNED to be soldered to copper. Your compression fittings are not, and go against manufacturers installation instructions. A wee quick letter to the manufacturers of that compression joint with a photo of that soldered joint will get you a reply to give you some ammunition in getting it all ripped out and replaced. Try contacting Yorkshire Kuterlite and please post their reply on here, should be most interesting!

the gas pipe is showing signs of damage, there is a risk of early failure.
how to classify that it is down to the judgement of the gas engineer.
there are a couple of issues
1 - the damage, has the pipe been weakened is it therefore more likely to fail?
2 - the pipe is now smaller, will sufficient gas flow through it?
has the same person done the gas as well as the water pipes?? HOPE NOT!
personally I would be recommending the section of gas pipe that is dented to be replaced

just looked at the picture again, gas pipe clipped directly onto blockwork!
the complete installation needs checking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldered Compression joint etc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back