Currently reading:
Radiator water flowing noise

Discuss Radiator water flowing noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi people

Need some advice as is driving me mad

Radiator in one of the bedroom when the heating is on makes a lot of noise. Describe the noise like water flowing . If I turn the water on the noise stops temp

I have bled air out the radiator not made any difference.

Any ideas???

Sounds like the system pump is creating a lot of pressure and the TRV is throttling down the flow. The water forcing through might be the noise. Would probably be quieter had the central heating system pump been set to a lower speed and then the TRV would be fighting less flow... it's not unknown for installers to put the pump on maximum speed rather than test what speed it actually needs to be set to, or for a homeowner to inadvertantly change the pump speed. If the noise disappears when the TRV is fully open, then I think the noise is coming from the TRV end of the radiator.

Could be a similar problem on the valve at the other end of the radiator, if the noise persists when the TRV is fully open but stops when the TRV is fully closed.

Could also be that the TRV is 'directional' and has been put on the wrong end of the radiator (is there an arrow on the valve?), the TRV is set up wrong (some can go on either way but need to be told which way round they have been installed), or it's just a bit rubbish.

Reply to Radiator water flowing noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock