Discuss Radiator half hot and half cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.

I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half.
Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector.
System was flushed just last year.
Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick.
Boiler is serviced each year.
Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9 years old.
Pressure is 1.5bar.
All rads(7) have been vented in the house.

I've tried turning all other radiators off which did heat the rad up, but once others are back on, same again.

My bolier is in the loft with the living room rad and kitchen rad(1800mm DP DC) being the furthest from the boiler. Kitchen rad get hot with no issue.

Any advise to trybfix this issue.

Many thanks.
Mickey.

Reply to Radiator half hot and half cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
Back