Discuss Expansion vessel size unvented hot water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I think I looked into it a few years ago. That a modern 200litre unvented cylinder would need a higher litre expansion vessel then one that was saying 10-15 years old. As they are made of thinner steele now?

They are probably made of thinner steel now, but that's not your issue.
You will need an expansion vessel suitable for potable water - different from expansion vessels used in heating systems.
There's nothing wrong with over sizing and expansion vessel, but plenty wrong with under sizing one.

The capacity of any EV should be what it says on the label, most are sized to ~10% of the UV cylinder capacity, for example a 200L UV with a 18L EV with a pre charge pressure of 3.0bar and with the PRV set to 3.0bar will have a final pressure of 3.88bar when cyl heated to 60C.

Reply to Expansion vessel size unvented hot water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock