Currently reading:
Draining down - Add Chemical cleaner whilst at it?

Discuss Draining down - Add Chemical cleaner whilst at it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Boothby

Hi Guys,

I am doing some work the pipes soon so will be draining down my system (combi bolier).

My question is.....While im draining it down, shall I first add some cleaning product e.g Sentinel x400 system restorer?

We recently bought the house and believe the boiler is 6ish years old and to our knowledge has never been flushed/cleaned/power flushed. We do live in a hard water areas. We dont seem to experience any problems with it (apart from sometimes the domestic hot water not staying hot/not getting hot at all). I had an airlock the other day in a rad and opened the bleed valve for a bit and the rag I used got very black

But I just though whilst going to the efforts should I put some cleaning chems in for a few days then drain again and refill with inhibitor?

Many thanks in advance:coolgleamA:

Yes, it won't hurt to cleanse the system esp if the water is black
Even better fit a magnetic filter at the same time, I like the TF1 as these can be flushed through easily without disassembling
Just remember to drain from all low points on the system and leave the fill valve/loop open slightly for a bit and flush until clear, then put the inhibitor in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining down - Add Chemical cleaner whilst at it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock