Discuss Downstairs radiators only get warm when i turn off upstairs radiators in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Dazzer-b

Hi.
Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter.
upstairs worked fine but an hour or 2 later I noticed downstairs was still cold. I looked for some advice online and turned the trv's off and locksheilds for the upstairs only and eventually downstairs did warm up.

I then thought I need to balance everything so I've now opened all TRVs and locksheilds fully to work out the order they heat up. Again upstairs is fine but downstairs is cold again.

Any ideas?

You should have not touched the lockshields. Even a tiny move can create a big difference.

Now you can balance the entire system, but before, I would take the downstairs rad outside and bang/flush it until perfectly clean inside. In my home it did not help - I had to change the 20 years old lockshields.

Reply to Downstairs radiators only get warm when i turn off upstairs radiators in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
I've a pressurised CH system with a combination vented cylinder. I live in a two story house with 4 radiators upstairs and 4 downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock