Discuss Daryl Shower Head replacement (possibly over 30 years old) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already installed when I moved into my house in 2006 and was probably around 10 years old even then. The other shower components work fine, but the top shower head throws out water from the sides, and not that efficiently from the shower holes themselves, so is clearly in need of replacement. I have given it a really good deep clean, but no difference. I have contacted the new owners of Daryl with no luck and also contacted National Shower Spares (UK) again with no luck. The problem appears to be the connection which is 1" and, as I understand it, is no longer standard. I have attached 3 photos of the shower head and the connection part on the shower unit. On the connection part there does seem to be a part where a spanner might be used to reveal the parts behind under the plastic cover, but that is jammed solid and I do not want to force it in case I break the plastic unit itself. The plastic unit itself has two small Phillips screws, but they are almost impossible to get at and even my dumpy screwdriver cannot budge them (jammed solid again). I fear this is mission impossible, but any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    897.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    833.6 KB · Views: 19
It’s hard to say without seeing the whole Shower arm, but those flat sections are where a spanner would be attached and you would use it to unwind the swivel head.

Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the way forward. Sadly I (or a few friends!) cannot budge the connection, it is so tight, probably not been moved in over 30 years. I might try the WD40 route and find a suitable wrench as my spanner simple slips off the connection. Once again my thanks for your advice - much appreciated.

Reply to Daryl Shower Head replacement (possibly over 30 years old) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My parents are having a great deal of trouble with their Daryl Hydra shower due to this little plastic part being broken. It's the temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
I’m after some replacement roller wheels, not necessarily the whole roller units. The shower unit was made by Biava - pretty old, around 20 years...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected...
Replies
Views
Hi - I hope you can help. We have a discontinued Daryl Shower - the Daryl Hydra 400 that is integrated into the Daryl shower cubicle (at least I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock