Discuss Brand - victorian plumbing or crosswater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there

I'm about to start a whole flat refurb. Just wondering if I can get some advice about brands and durability. I had been planning on using crosswater, but I can see I can save about 4-5k using the arezzo brand on victorian plumbing. I'm refurbing 2 bathrooms.

Is it worth paying the extra money with crosswater? I will likely be in the property for the next decade so want something that lasts (heard victorian plumbing is trash). I know there are brands which are probably better than both of these but i really cant be bothered looking through more catalogues etc.

thanks

Yes and yes also if your using vp stick to main brands don’t use there own branded gear as it’s ****

Hansgrohe
Grohe
Hudson reed
Bristan
Etc

I dont like crosswater, lots of issues in past with cheap brass tat.

Go branded definitely, then down the road you can get spares easily rather than having to change full taps or showers.

The only one that would work for my budget is Hudson Reed.

Is that better than crosswater?
Hudson Reed. Sounds a bit like Austin Reed. What do you think. Cheap plumbing stuff is often copies of copies. Brass is supposed to be 60% copper, and not just on the surface. If a brand didn’t exist 5 years ago, forget it.

The only one that would work for my budget is Hudson Reed.

Is that better than crosswater?
I bought Hudson Reed basin taps for our bathroom a few years ago and I regret it. Handles keep coming undone and they emit a dribble some minutes after turning them off, and then again at times during the night!

Reply to Brand - victorian plumbing or crosswater in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Back