Currently reading:
Brand New Saniflo Macerator Won't Run

Discuss Brand New Saniflo Macerator Won't Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,
I went to fit a new macerator today - a job I usually try and avoid. After two hours of dismantling boxing and wrestling with an inaccessible fused spur I got it in, switched it on and nothing! It's got power and water. I've checked everything. What can it be? I assume there's a flow switch/microswitch. I've fitted plenty of them before and for £500 I'd expect it to work. Anyone here know anything about Rubbish mincers?

Jock.

It turns out that once you commission a Saniflo you can't return it - they send out their local service engineer. I took it to mine, he dismantled it and found that someone had dropped it in transit breaking a plastic spigot which affected the flow switch. Once he fixed it back in place it worked. Unfortunately the customer had a much bigger bill than she should have done.

Reply to Brand New Saniflo Macerator Won't Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock