Currently reading:
URGENT Boiler Problems, spiking pressure

Discuss Boiler Problems, spiking pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 'Vokera Unica HE High efficiency combi boiler' which was working fine until this morning.

When I got back home this evening, the boiler pressure was at 0 bar, and the hot water wouldn't work.

I switched off the boiler, and managed to get the pressure back to 1 bar with the filling loop. However, when first turning on the water, the water was hot, but the pressure increased rapidly past 3 bar even, and some safety switched and again the pressure dropped and the water went cold. I reset again, and turned hot water on only (before both hot water and central heating were on). This time, the pressure seems stable at 1 bar and the water is fine.

What could have been the problem? Is it safe to switch back to central heating and hot water? Do I need to contact a gas engineer?

Hello, I have the exact same issue as the original poster which resulted in a burst expansion unit inside a new 4 year old boiler. A 2nd expansion unit was added 6 months ago which has also just burst. Can you tell me what the issue is so I can inform the service engineer? Thanks

Hello, I have the exact same issue as the original poster which resulted in a burst expansion unit inside a new 4 year old boiler. A 2nd expansion unit was added 6 months ago which has also just burst. Can you tell me what the issue is so I can inform the service engineer? Thanks

They shouldn’t be “bursting” like you’re describing.

You may have a heating water quality issue (powerflush/magnet/etc). Or it could be filling/pressure/pipework/safety issue.

Tell the engineer you’ve had two go and a competent engineer should be able to diagnose the fault.

Reply to Boiler Problems, spiking pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back