Discuss Boiler condensate colour in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
New to the forum and would like some advice regarding flue gas condensate colour please.
Carried out a repair this afternoon and checked flue gas .
c02 in line with manufactures instructions and clean on the c0 side of things .
Upon completion emptied my analyser trap and noticed the condense was a pinky red colour .
Is this normal as I have never noticed this before , always been clear ( ish )
I will attach a photo

Many thanks

Swede

Attachments

• D47E4BA9-8C50-4EFC-86EC-33F518B07260.jpeg
    D47E4BA9-8C50-4EFC-86EC-33F518B07260.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 19
@ShaunCorbs could this be due to the hydrogen sulphide content in mains gas?
I’ve come across yellow and red sulphur deposits on oil boilers and that’s because they used to have a high sulphur content, which was a good lubricant on the pumps.

Could be or could be close to a main road and heavy traffic fumes being sucked into

Reply to Boiler condensate colour in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
I have read a few posts on here discussing sharing a washing machine stand pipe for the boiler condensate pipe and the risks of washing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi What are the regulations around installing a second hand oil combi boiler, am I right in saying they have to follow manufacturers instructions...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Greetings All One Week Before Christmas, Ok got this British Gas 330+ my late mother had installed 10 years ago. Been working OK ish up till now...
Replies
Views
Back