Currently reading:
Your views

Discuss Your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

Just whats wrong with routhenburger tools?

Im typing up a email to them after a reply from there team.
Id like to put your thoughts forward in a email. And hope to try and get them to see the problems of there tools and put it right

((I do not know what products you are referring to when you mentioned us ’putting our name to poorly made Chinese stuff’
this is not the case and the products that are sold in the sheds as you put it are for the DIY market and therefore fall into a different category
to Professional tools as is with most products available professionally and for DIY.))))

(this was a remark from them in a reply email sent to me)
I really hope this isnt the case as the (sheds) ie places like B&Q are selling routhenburger U gauges and gas test hose test nipples & other gas related tools!!!
As said Gas isnt a game or for DIY

Last edited by a moderator:
I refer to the plumber I spent most of my apprenticeship with. I was lucky to have a good old-timer who taught me that everything I do should be done as if it were in your own mother's house. :)

Then you should call him your tradesman or better your journeyman.
Look up the definitions of the words and think what type definition or person you would rather have teach you your trade. A journeyman or a mentor?

Cracks me up when you are only sold gas stuff in plumfix if you have your card on you , but you can walk straight round to the joe public screwfix side and buy without any questions at all......defies logic!

not a big fan of rotten bugger tools myself.
i find them to be overpriced for what they are

Then you should call him your tradesman or better your journeyman.
Look up the definitions of the words and think what type definition or person you would rather have teach you your trade. A journeyman or a mentor?

I suppose a journeyman would be more appropriate, never really thought about, he's just 'Ian' to me.

Cracks me up when you are only sold gas stuff in plumfix if you have your card on you , but you can walk straight round to the joe public screwfix side and buy without any questions at all......defies logic!

"Gas valve please mate"
"Sorry, no can do, you're not GSR'd"
"Okay, I'll use the other door"
"Gas valve please mate"
"There you go mate"
"Cheers, bye!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock