Search the forum,

Discuss Your opinion on this combi boiler installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello.

We recently had a combi boiler installed to swap out old plumbing sustem with water tank and gas cylinder. You can see end results in the photos. I would like to ask for your opinion on how well this has been done as I was originally promised only two little pipes coming down from the boiler and ended with pipes all over, as well as the nest thermostat cable hanging underneath. This costed us 3800 pounds and we are shocked by the end result as it looks like pipes could have been installed in a more neat way, boiler is protruding under the cupboard and they even left the tank in the loft, although it was said that everything will be neat and collected. They came with boiler that is longer, they knew what they were buying and never told us that it will hang like that.
One of them was learning on how to connect the nest to the boiler and when I asked one of the others to do it properly he said that he will do it. I was told that I can see online how to connect it if something goes wrong. For 3800 pounds you need to educate yourself on how to do their job.

Any thoughts? Whould it have been possible for the combi boiler to be fitted at the right height and new hole drilled for the pipe on top so it could actually fit in the cupboard? Do you guys disassemble the water tank as part of your service? It was promised to us at the initial check up, but on the day they said that it can not be done because it was mounted before the roof and it was too big.

F9DA7D82-4B96-40EF-B75D-DE4C3EFFE1BF.jpeg
39EE6341-03FD-4FD2-A792-10F7C33BBB8C.jpeg
EE25BF0B-B027-4EA4-B8F5-60E64C758402.jpeg

Was there a boiler there originally?

Also looks like I can see wires hanging out of the nest ?

Wiring is a mess but as there was an existing flue hole they’ve used that other than drilling it higher

Your still going to see pipework though even if they drill the flue higher and patch the brickwork up

It's by far not the worst install i've ever seen.

The issue is you've got the Greenstar 2000, where you can't run the pipes down the back. You needed the 4000 to do that.

Water tank, if it's plastic it's easily cut up and taken out the loft. I cut them up when I do a job when they won't go through the hole.

The flue hole wanted drilling higher and the boiler lifting up.

There's also no system filter, unless that's elsewhere?

If the old boiler and controls were there too, they could of used the switched fuse spur for the power supply rather than you loosing a socket.

Reply to Your opinion on this combi boiler installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock