Search the forum,

Discuss Y plan provides HW & CH irrespective of request, turn of the power and in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have replaced a danfoss timer /switch on a older system to a Drayton LP522 which consist of a hot water cylinder (heater not working) with a cylinder stat. A Honeywell y plan 3 port, a pump and a back boiler but no thermostat. I have checked and checked the wiring and all seems correct but… no matter what you ask for from the programmer you get both HW and CH. The motorised valve moves on its own and has resistance when the power is off but when on it is movable without resistance, turn of the power and it resets to AB again. Any thoughts please?

Do you mean the programmer selects them both? Is it set to a gravity system?
I tried that through moving the dim pin and it demanded both. When back in pump position then it does them separately. Its at the 3 port valve I think, it doesn’t select either CH or HW it seems to default to the AB position.

It should default to HW, so there’s a chance you have got a wire wrong. Can you post a photo of the wiring? If you have a fully pumped system, then the Drayton will need to be set to that.

Drayton set to pumped. I am going to replace the connection box and tidy it all up as this was done a long time ago and not good enough. The new part is the Drayton.

Attachments

• AF83CB39-4704-4B48-8DEF-8812206145E2.jpeg
    AF83CB39-4704-4B48-8DEF-8812206145E2.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 14
I could be wrong, as I’m not 100% on wiring, but I don’t think you’re supposed to have a live link to hot water off. This usually comes from the cylinder satisfied.

Thanks, will drop that one out when doing the rewire. We may have hit on the issue from watching a YouTube video. The 3 port valve has a override switch on the side it was set to Open Manual rather than auto. The video suggests it stays in in last setting. I powered off and moved it to auto, turned it back on the we can now get separate heating and water.

Reply to Y plan provides HW & CH irrespective of request, turn of the power and in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock