Search the forum,

Discuss Would you install a Logbutner in a (what i call a shed) customers summer house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi ive just been asked to install a Log Burner in a summer house/shed ,its all wood and he wants the flue to come through the side of the shed and up the side, as it does not come under the Heta's compliance scheme (which I am a member) they have advised me to swerve the job as its a big risk, I had my doubts when I seen it, has anyone else done this kind of job?

I haven't put a solid fuel boiler in a wooden summer house, but I can't see any great risks going through the wall as that could be done by a safe method, but I would be concerned what material the roof if made with incase it caught fire with sparks from the flue outside.

yes I see what you mean its felted with that gritty stuff on, that's a big concern

There is no real reason why it can't be fitted. No difference really from fitting one in a timber kit house.

Just stick to the required clearances and flue position for an easily ignited roof.

the wood burner would be far too warm,i have one at home sometimes we have to clear out of room because they become far too hot and hard to contol the heat output,

I agree with Tamz and also with Jim.
I have a wood burner in a very large room (10m x 7m x 6m high max pitched roof) and sometimes the front door is open to cool the place down.

I installed one in a conservatory with a UPC roof and a timber floor, used a large slab for a hearth and a twin walled flue and the correct flue/roof adapter and nothing melted.

As long as you work out the correct heat output requirement for the room it shouldn't really be steaming.

They used to be installed in static caravans, so as long there is sufficient air gaps and heat proofing to stop heat transfer, can't see it being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you install a Logbutner in a (what i call a shed) customers summer house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a metre away. So far so good. The problem is that the existing 1 1/2 copper connection into the stack (previously serving bath) enters the stack at a low...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock