Search the forum,

Discuss Would HIVE work with this oil boiler and controls? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
Please see attached photos. Does anyone know if the HIVE app and thermostat and control would work with this oil boiler plse? The thermostat control ( Honeywell) is restrictive as you have little options as to when you can have boiler on and off. It's my elderly father's boiler and I want to be able to access the heating control remotely so he has heating on!
Cheers
Betty

Attachments

• Oil boiler 1 .jpg
    Oil boiler 1 .jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Timer for oil boiler .jpg
    Timer for oil boiler .jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 8
Yes will require a bit of reworking / wiring but yes

Reply to Would HIVE work with this oil boiler and controls? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. So I have just moved into a new house with a Potterton boiler in it. Great big thing!! lol. I want to fit a Hive to it but it obviously doesn't have a separate standard control box to just switch over like my last one owing to the internal timer etc. Inside the main unit is the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock