Search the forum,

Discuss Worst i have seen so far ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
photo (4).jpg

went to a breakdown on a procombi HE other day, no ignition. Removed venturi and cleaned then replaced .. still nothing. Checked APS and that was fine so i was a bit stumped. Rang eric @ technical and he reckons its an airflow problem .. and he wasnt wrong! removed a small boxing cover at top of boiler which was in kitchen to find this beauty!

I had to stand back for 2 mins in shock! boiler was installed in 2011 and had services every year by same engineer. No benchmark filled/paper work .. nothing. I asked him who it was and its a local guy round our way that seems to eb doing alright for himself.

Flue was too short, not sealed inside and out. inner flue connected at elbow but not terminal .. and to top it off condensate was hanging a meter off the wall dripping into space.

Capped off as customer couldnt afford the repairs unfortunately.

I'm doing alright yes but she was well miffed when she called to complain ;(

But I blamed you and said you were routing for work.

Hope you riddor it aswell

Had a 10 year old baxi combi on a llgs the other day flicked it on and thought that fan sounds a little loud, looked up no sealing clamp on flue elbow been like it since women moved in 5 years ago.

I was going to move this thread but I think it's useful for non gsr's to see how easily their safety can be put at risk.

Just keep the technobabble to a minimum!

one of the reasons its best to AR a unpatched flue.

There are loads out there, I went to this 4 year old Baxi on Wednesday for a landlords check, she says it has passed every year without any issues being raised!
dyre7yhu.jpg

wow, installer thought nothing about taking the sturctual strength away from the wall with the flue, amoung the other issues :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst i have seen so far ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock