Search the forum,

Discuss World Heat unvented Cylinder question in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys

I am having my current cylinder replaced with a World Heat superflow indirect cylinde as im upgrading to solar thermal via a grant. I asked the supplier if they are replacing the immersion heating thermostat and the thermostat thats connects to the boiler and I was told if I want that I would have to pay for these , my question is dont these thermostats come with the cylinder as standard, especially the immersion heating element and thermostat?

thanks

What do you mean by immersion heating thermostat? I ask because I find it odd that you’d ask the installer if they are replacing it on a new cylinder, as most new cylinders should come with an immersion and stat preinstalled.

Do you have some sort of external immersion controller that you’re confusing for a “immersion stat”?

If replacing a hot water cylinder, the job wouldn’t come with a new boiler stat. Or do you mean the cylinder stat that controls the boiler/indirect heat source? If so, yes they typically come with them preinstalled.

Like I said, it an odd question so I assume there is a miscommunication between the installer/yourself.

A "normal" twin coil cylinder that is designed for Gas/oil, solar and electric heating will have the solar coil in the bottom 1/3rd or so of the cylinder with a thermostatic dry pocket pre installed just above this (solar) coil, it may also then have another dry pocket pre installed ~ 1/3rd the way up this gas/oil fired coil or you may just have to use a strap on cylinder thermostat to operate the cylinder zone valve., I specified the dry pocket for mine as I utilize the solar controller to also control the cylinder zone valve via a PT1000 sensor in this pocket. It will also generally have a top mounted tapping for a conventional single or dual electric immersion which comes with its own thermostat&pocket but you supply/install the immersion yourself.

It is very important that the solar thermostatic pocket comes pre installed.

Reply to World Heat unvented Cylinder question in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock