Search the forum,

Discuss Working In USA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Kimou

Sorry. I posted this in The Arms. But I want more people to view it due to nature of the request. Thanks

Anyone know anything about working abroad in the US? I've tried searching for a relative thread, but can't seem to find one. I'm sure there is, tho'.
I'm just looking for some start up info to get me on the road to an informed decision. I am looking into other avenues regarding this, but I thought someone here may be of assistance. Or perhaps any of our American counterparts on here, maybe, can give me some advice. I'd love to hear from you.
Work over here is really depressing me due to the complete disregard by the gov't to regulate our trade. Now, it seems, even the AA is giving their breakdown engs rudemintary training in plumbing to attend leaks etc... What's the point in all this time and effort to become a plumber when the industry's in a such state of non-regulation.

In the US they regulate by enforcing punitive action, including custodial sentencing to homeowners who employ unregistered/unqualified wannabe-s. Sounds good to me.

Also, is there any progress known by anyone into regulating our trade? I have no idea to that effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
basically there is no chance unless your an expert in the field and already have a job offer as they cannot recruit a us citizen.
jobs cleaning swimming pools are possible but may take 6 years to get in.
i have one or two stories...

Thanks,Eco.

Redsaw- Yeah, that's what I'm finding out. However, I do have a way that I can most probably get in. My misses can get a job out there, what I'm looking for specifically once I'm there is the best procedure to become qualified along with my existing uk certs. It's just groundwork at the mo.

I worked there for many years . What do you need to know ?? what state are planning to go to, Different states have different licensing requirements, PM me if you want. I
ended up doing irrigation, which was a lot easier and far better paid

Reply to Working In USA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock