Search the forum,

Discuss Work load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has your workload gone ridiculous lately?

Not personally but noticed few guys on here looking for work after being let down by p*** taking employers if you could use an extra pair of hands may I respectfully ask anyone on here to ask on here to help out forum members.....regards Turnpin:punk:

I'm the same still ticking over, odd jobs, seems no one is spending, or someone is undercutting prices to the bone, Local collages still churning out 'Plumbers' like a production line, This area is over run with new vans / Plumbers , Think I'll look for something else to do, maybe stand for local Ukip party

I had to dingy about 30 calls last week as i just didn't have the time to do anything. .

Ah we'll have to move to Edinburgh. Seriously, kept going here in dublin. Nothing frantic like in d boom but ticking along. Wait for this good spell of weather to disappear and d phones will tinkle

Yes, its gone mental in the last 3 weeks...
Think the change in the weather has started people thinking about winter already.

Have the joy of an office day today, writing up the quotes for the 6 installation surveys yesterday.
Fun fun fun!

Its busier. September supposed to be warm, but winter outlook is cold, cold cold.

Yup crazy busy, pretty much booked out till the end of the year now. The joy of being a one man band.

Yup crazy busy, pretty much booked out till the end of the year now. The joy of being a one man band.

That's understandable In Manchester ! Never get any Sun, must be the wettest place on the Planet

That's understandable In Manchester ! Never get any Sun, must be the wettest place on the Planet

Lol brilliant! Just finished changing some gutter yesterday morning and the rain helpfully started to fall so I could test it!

Lol brilliant! Just finished changing some gutter yesterday morning and the rain helpfully started to fall so I could test it!

Yes know what it like went to school not far from you meny years ago (HYDE) left when I was 16

we are very busy as the RHI is due to fall again very soon, alot of bigger biomass installations are being rushed through, and got a huge job last week so will be starting preparations for that job.

dam Sun is still out and so no one is using their heating, unlike those in Scotland obviously. But once president Salmon gets his way there will be an influx of Scottish plumbers down south looking to be paid in pounds rather than groats :)

dam Sun is still out and so no one is using their heating, unlike those in Scotland obviously. But once president Salmon gets his way there will be an influx of Scottish plumbers down south looking to be paid in pounds rather than groats :)

That's OK, the minute sunlight hits them they'll crumble into piles of dust... Or is that vampires? I can never remember... :D

we are very busy as the RHI is due to fall again very soon, alot of bigger biomass installations are being rushed through, and got a huge job last week so will be starting preparations for that job.

I thought the RHI wasn't going to be cut again? Is that right across the board?

That's OK, the minute sunlight hits them they'll crumble into piles of dust... Or is that vampires? I can never remember... :D

Oh great, first we get over-run with eastern block plumbers, now we face invasion from mad Scots waving 24" stillsons and shouting Freedom

Busy busy think am on good screww at mo getting good coin off site plus lots of little bits . Bank balance is swollen and got good weekly wage coming in.

I can't keep up with it all and I work on into the night. My Mrs isn't happy with not being at home much. I got warned after yesterday afternoon's call out if I go out again this weekend then she won't be keen on letting me back in! I also have another lad doing work on my behalf.

I can't keep up with it all and I work on into the night. My Mrs isn't happy with not being at home much. I got warned after yesterday afternoon's call out if I go out again this weekend then she won't be keen on letting me back in! I also have another lad doing work on my behalf.

Haha same here doing nine hours through day and small jobs in the eves , weekends boilers and install work kerching. Her indoors tho is proper moaning tho

Just buy her a new pair of shoes mate that should keep her quiet for a week or two lol

All work and no play etc etc

More to life than killing yourself at work. Make time for home.

And so ends the lecture :)

There's some days I wouldn't mind not being let back in :)

Everything above is spot on.......my missus spends money like there's no tomorrow then moans like an old woman when I work late!

Just buy her a new pair of shoes mate that should keep her quiet for a week or two lol
I bought her a £1500 eternity ring from my call outs one month!

Jeez mate that set the bar high! On my wages it would of been £150 max but only if she promised to be nice to me that night, all night!

Your to honest with her mate! She now knows every time you do call out theirs a pot of gold waiting for her lol

so put your prices up, work less earn more :)

I will do an up to date pricing in plumbers arms

I thought the RHI wasn't going to be cut again? Is that right across the board?
there is a 10% cut on the 1st October for 200kw or less, that is the commercial Rhi not domestic, and probably another one on the 1st January looking around another 10-20%.
its keeping us going as our order books are swelling at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Hi How does the weather comp. work when you go to bed. If you have a lower temperature at night surely the next day the boiler then has to work that bit harder to reach the correct temperature for that day. What do you do?
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Has anyone managed to get a job through a company where you work 4 days a week? Say 40 hours over 4 days
Replies
Views
C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock