Search the forum,

Discuss Work Experience with gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am looking for a domestic gas engineer who will let me shadow them around the Merseyside area 2 days per week for approx 12 months. This will enable me to start a course in January through NWTC. I need to start asap so I have some knowledge prior to the course starting as this is essential.

I have no experience but I will do my utmost to learn as quickly as possible. I do not expect to just be watching, I will happily get stuck in and learn the ropes.

I am not asking to be paid, I just need two days per week of shadowing and learning from you. It could be that after a few weeks you think I am not up to this job so I am happy for a trial over the period of a few weeks before you commit to let me shadow you for 12 months.

It is essential that the engineer has CCN1 CENWAT.

If you can help me then please send me a private message and I can give you a call to discuss this further.

This is usually the most difficult part to be honest. You will find some courses which offer guaranteed work placements such as Brookhouse Training whilst others don't. You usually find the ones that provide guaranteed work placements are more expensive but as far as I am aware there are no courses in Liverpool which offer this guarantee. The nearest I found was in Bolton.

I am lucky as a friend knows someone who will let me shadow them when it comes to that stage of my course.

This is usually the most difficult part to be honest. You will find some courses which offer guaranteed work placements such as Brookhouse Training whilst others don't. You usually find the ones that provide guaranteed work placements are more expensive but as far as I am aware there are no courses in Liverpool which offer this guarantee. The nearest I found was in Bolton.

I am lucky as a friend knows someone who will let me shadow them when it comes to that stage of my course.

Ok thanks, brookehouse is the one I was leaving towards, but also been in touch with nwtc in Liverpool but like you said it's finding someone to shadow as they just offer the course not the work placement.
I'll have to keep phoning around a few people.

Are you currently on a course?

I've just started a course (first week). I have no experience.

You are best phoning around companies. The problem I found with that is you end up speaking to the operator who says they will pass the message on but you never get a call back. Mind you I only called about 3 so if you try harder than me you might succeed.

I've just started a course (first week). I have no experience.

You are best phoning around companies. The problem I found with that is you end up speaking to the operator who says they will pass the message on but you never get a call back. Mind you I only called about 3 so if you try harder than me you might succeed.

Yeah I had that from a couple of companies which then never called back and everyone else was just more along the lines of I can't afford to pay you anything, I was hoping to even get an apprentice wage while training but I think I will have to do the unpaid training and get a part time job somewhere else, I just don't like the thought of leaving my job with nothing coming in while training that was my biggest fear.

Who are you doing the course with?

Last edited:
There are a few options in Liverpool. Can you set up your account so I can private message you and I will give you the details? I tried to send you a message but it said it is something to do with your setting why I can't.

I have done my settings but still not letting me pm you either. I set mine to allow messages from followed members maybe just check if yours is set to that too and follow me

Reply to Work Experience with gas engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock