Search the forum,

Discuss Work experience in gas advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning peeps,
First post so don't really know how the forum works so please be gentle!!!

Soon to be made redundant however have been given an unconditional offer to do level 3 diploma in gas engineering at local college starting in summer 2019.

Until I start this course I have managed to secure work experience with a major firm for 1 day a week plus they are keen to take me on placement from college. They are asking what I need to do for college and I don't know what to say?? I know I need to do commissioning/de-commisioning etc but was wondering if anyone can give advice on anything I should focus on primarily so I can hit the ground running when college starts as in go with Central heating installation squad or fault finding etc etc

I will have roughly 40 days on the job experience so hopefully can pick up a few helpful bits and pieces by then. Oh and it's domestic I'm doing not commercial.

Thanks in advance for any advice and apologies if anyone offended by my not doing a 4 year apprenticeship.

Regards, mattjam

Have you any experience in plumbing and heating eg qualifications?

TBH I would do lv2 first then it's the start of the understanding and design of a heating system and waste systems etc

Reply to Work experience in gas advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock