Search the forum,

Discuss Work experience available in West Midlands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

Hi

I'm a plumber/gas engineer and if you would like a few days work experience for a couple of weeks I may be able to help.

This will not be a paid job and will not be an appenticeship but I may be able to show you a few things for a couple of weeks. It's not guaranteed as I have recently spoken to a local college about this, but if you are interested PM me on this forum and I would need to see a CV.

Please note this is not permanent and not guaranteed.

I work in homes, but also in schools and offices.

You would be required to make your own way to me in a morning and make your own way home.

If you are interested contact me.

Thanks

Hi Rodders

I am greatful you responded to my post, may I take this opportunity to apologise that I have not been able to get back to you as soon as I would have loved to.( I had travelled abroad). I note that the offer is not permanent and not guaranteed, I am interested in what you can offer and still hope the offer stands. My Cv will be posted on reply to this posting.

Just to reiterate, I will make my way to and from the designated work place (meeting place), it will not be apprentice purely exposure to work environment.

regards

Jaybee

PMed 2 days ago. I havnt received your CV yet. Are you still interested?

Thanks

Hi Rodders

I am greatful you responded to my post, may I take this opportunity to apologise that I have not been able to get back to you as soon as I would have loved to.( I had travelled abroad). I note that the offer is not permanent and not guaranteed, I am interested in what you can offer and still hope the offer stands. My Cv will be posted on reply to this posting.

Just to reiterate, I will make my way to and from the designated work place (meeting place), it will not be apprentice purely exposure to work environment.

regards

Jaybee

Rodders have you only had the one response from that post?

I find it amazing mate. The amount of people who have been looking for exactly this opportunity. When its offered they all vanish!

The realisation of hard work for no pay makes some people find it a bit hard to get out of bed. Surprised there is not guys fighting for this opportunity.

The realisation of hard work for no pay makes some people find it a bit hard to get out of bed. Surprised there is not guys fighting for this opportunity.

Mad isn't it? When I wanted gas portfolio experience I was willing to work for free, provide my own tools, vehicle, diesel, and pick the GSR up from his house and drive to all the jobs then drop him home (he had lost his licence).

I remember when I was looking for someone to work with, I went to Villa Park for one of the PHEX events (or similar) and I personally handed out around 100 letters with CVs attached (CV on blue paper to try and stand out as I had been trying for ages!) I done this on the two seperate days the event was running (I think it was on a weekend but not 100% sure). I wish I would have had this opportunity when I was looking to get into the industry.

I tried so hard to get in with someone, with not much luck for around 2 years.

I'm offering a short term opportunity for someone here and cant get anyone! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps Rodders, we do all appreciate what you are offering and thank you for it.

Despite the shockingly poor take up!

Mad isn't it? When I wanted gas portfolio experience I was willing to work for free, provide my own tools, vehicle, diesel, and pick the GSR up from his house and drive to all the jobs then drop him home (he had lost his licence).

now you want to be a sparks??????????lol

It's so infuriating when some people don't appreciate what your offering. Your handing someone a great opportunity .i think most youngsters today want everything on a plate, we look after them so much that they can't or won't take a chance. It's good to see someone giving something back or trying to.

It's so infuriating when some people don't appreciate what your offering. Your handing someone a great opportunity .i think most youngsters today want everything on a plate, we look after them so much that they can't or won't take a chance. It's good to see someone giving something back or trying to.

Not just the youngsters. Where's the "I'm 42 and fancy a career change" brigade?!

Gosh, if someone had offered me that when i wanted to start i woulda offered to take his clothes, dust sheet home and give them a wash every night! Maybe even scrub the van! I was expecting you to have had all your fingers bitten off and gnawed up to the elbows with people wanting it.

i have just sent you a pm mate, thanks for the offer :D

Hi mate

PM recieved and PMed back. Due to the massive amount of distance between us and the offer of no pay I will have to turn you down on this occasion, sorry!

I wouldn't feel right letting you travel all that way.

Thanks!

I have e-mail the cv, let me know regarding the way foward. Looking foward to your reply
Regards
Jaybee

hi i was looking for work experience for over the summer months would you still be avaliable and willing to help?

Did you take him out the night before he lost his licence get him drunk then then call him out at the same time as calling the police.things you do for work experience.

Is anyone interested? Got one CV after much delay, which unfortunately ruled them out (I would have had a heart attack getting a CV to someone quickly if i was given that chance, making sure it was well presented and full of info etc).

:rant:

If I lived anywhere near you I would of snapped your hand off! Don't understand why you haven't had hundreds of cv's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work experience available in West Midlands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock