Search the forum,

Discuss worchester bosch 34cdi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a Worchester bosch 34cdi 3 years old recently started to loss pressure associated with water running from the condensing pipe every 15 minuets I/2 a tea cup and i know this because it had a lift pump which i noticed was pumping all the time removed the pump placed a bucked under pipe and the bucket was full within 24 hours and i put a green food dye in the magclean and the water in the bucket is now same green so somehow the water from the radiators is leaving the system through the condensing pipe anyone any idea where the fault lies

As it’s under warranty best to phone Worcester up for a repair

warranty no good got messed around with a guy from Daltec Scottish gas company who fitted it then went sick for months then refused to fill out warranty and installation card as he had not put it through the company so i will have to foot the bill so was asking forum if this is a known easy fix just so i know roughly how much my christmas present to myself will be ha ha

Very expensive to repair this symptom, It should be covered by the warranty, provided you had the system cleansed & flushed properly on installation with the correct inhibitors added and had it serviced every 12 month then no problem. otherwise have WB come out for a fixed repair fee. Either way this is no DIY repair and best leave it to WB to sort it out. It will cost you approx £650-£750 for a local independent GSR to repair it!

A lot 600 plus for parts then labour

But Worcester do a fixed price repair for around £300

thanks for the advice guys have since spoke to an x Worcester tec who advised main heat exchanger and advised he had changed a few of these in the past and on newish boilers too I will call Worcester to see if I can get the fixed price repair thanks again just for info previous boiler was a vokera at 8 years old and only ever had a pump replaced decided to replace it so never bothered to service it any more and let it break down , then replace it , and it ran for a further 3 years , thanks again for the replies

hi guys update called Worcester and the call centre advised 2 options £275 one off fixed repair or a £310 fixed repair with a further years warranty on all parts with 1 service took the £310 engineer available in 2 days he turned up Saturday 09.00 and had job completed by 11.00 fault main alloy heat block and as u guys said it was a £650 part my only gripe is this part has a !0 year warranty even the fitter confirmed this so i really should have been paying for 2 hours labour but hay ho its now nice and tostie

hi guys update called Worcester and the call centre advised 2 options £275 one off fixed repair or a £310 fixed repair with a further years warranty on all parts with 1 service took the £310 engineer available in 2 days he turned up Saturday 09.00 and had job completed by 11.00 fault main alloy heat block and as u guys said it was a £650 part my only gripe is this part has a !0 year warranty even the fitter confirmed this so i really should have been paying for 2 hours labour but hay ho its now nice and tostie

You did say you had no warranty due to bad installer also have you had it serviced as this would of been checked also

engineer never asked for any proof of servicing but it has been flushed and inhibiter added and a magclean 2 fitted at boiler he did do some test on the water in the boiler but never blamed that what he did say was he has changed a few but he said if you have a fast flow of water out of the condensing pipe its a cracked main heat plate / burner £700 part although I paid £310 for instant repair I could have waited and claimed the warranty on the part and paid the 2 hours labour but to have it back working within 2 days and a further 1 years warranty on everything else and 1 service I think it was a good price thanks again to all who replied

Reply to worchester bosch 34cdi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock