Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Negative Fan Pressure decrease after cleaning heat exchanger in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am new gas safe registered. I serviced a old worcester R28 HE Z7-28 system Boiler. found negative fan pressure -3.95mb lower than MI's -4.2mb, Gas rate is 2.82 m3/h, little bit lower than MI'S 2.9M3/H, so clean heat exchanger very well. after that check fan negative pressure, -3.11mb, later check again-3.22mb working through 10minutes at Max Rate. Gas rate 2.61m3/h, just same as -10% of 2.9m3/h. Curiously, I check the heat exchanger again, totally clean, and wash through by 4 litre water, it is totally clean, never see any heat exchanger clean then this. I don't know why the pressure is lower after cleaning heat exchanger. Cheers

might be a weak fan taking into account boiler age & or check connections as through ageing can have leakage thus giving you issues.
Thats the problem with older boilers, wear & tear, if rest of readings check out then you will be fine,
cheers,
Andy

Reply to Worcester Negative Fan Pressure decrease after cleaning heat exchanger in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
I am going back to a Worcester Greenstar 30 CDi Classic that's failing a CO2 emissions test on minimum rate only. I do adjust the gas valve but there is zero effect. I haven't mixed up the "min" and "max" adjustment screws. What could be causing this boiler to fail on minimum only? It's perfect...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
K
My Worcester boiler is losing pressure. It only happens after the boiler has been on and it loses approx 0.5 bar each time. The expansion vessel was replaced last year and no improvement, I have checked the rads, no issues, also no obvious water patches on walls ceilings etc. I have also used...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock