Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Keyless Fill Extremely Slow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got a Worcester Greenstar 38CDi Classic ErP with a keyless filling link. One of the rads has a tiny leak so every few months I have to top up the system (and bleed a rad upstairs). I should get the leak fixed but since it's so minor I haven't bothered.

My actual problem is that the system is SO SLOW to fill. It takes around 30 mins of holding that stupid blue lever to get the pressure to just over 1 bar.

In the manual it shows the blue plastic fill lever can be pulled down a full 90 degrees from horizontal to vertical, but on my boiler it doesn't even get to 45 degrees from horizontal before stopping entirely. No amount of pressure will shift it further - I'm pretty sure I'll just snap the lever if I try harder.

Is this normal? The water pressure in the house is fine generally, so I'm thinking the problem lies with the boiler itself.

(Also, I'm in Scotland, not Sweden, despite what this site thinks.)

Last edited:
Sounds like the leak is getting worse and needs sorting

as for the filling link sounds normal as it’s designed for just topping up not refilling

Sounds like the leak is getting worse and needs sorting

as for the filling link sounds normal as it’s designed for just topping up not refilling

Yeah, but I am only topping up. The highest rad in the system just gets some air in it. The system isn't drained. The leak doesn't seem to be getting worse, but yeah I should probably get it checked.

They are very slow. Is it a big heating system?

10 rads over 2 floors, nothing exceptional.

My concern is I can't seem to fill the system to more than about 1.1 bar. I can hold that lever for eternity, but the pressure won't rise any more, presumably because the fill pressure is so feeble.

I have Worcester Bosch 42CDi with the keyless filling link.

I am trying to top up the boiler pressure, i pull on the blue lever, nothing happens. I dont have any leaks or anything. No air in the radiators. I recently got a boiler man round to replace the keyless filling link and check everything, but now back to square one, i can pull on it for 10-15mins till my arm aches, nothing happens. This is so frustrating, tried calling Worcester, they weren’t any help whatsoever.

Yeah, but I am only topping up. The highest rad in the system just gets some air in it. The system isn't drained. The leak doesn't seem to be getting worse, but yeah I should probably get it checked.

10 rads over 2 floors, nothing exceptional.

My concern is I can't seem to fill the system to more than about 1.1 bar. I can hold that lever for eternity, but the pressure won't rise any more, presumably because the fill pressure is so feeble.
Those keyless filling links are problematic the second valve tends to go duff on the early ones

Reply to Worcester Keyless Fill Extremely Slow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I'm trying to top up the pressure on my Greenstar 30i ERP but the blue keyless filling lever won't move. It doesn't feel stiff, it feels as if it has been locked some how. Do I have to do something to get it to move? If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful. Thanks...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water from heating system as I could. Only one leg (3 legs downstairs) had valve which allowed me to flush water from radiators upstars, all of them. Only 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major re-design/move of all of our hot water (megaflo), boiler and central heating system. I am not a plumber nor do I know much about plumbing but I know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock