Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Oil Combi Boiler Pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My boiler pressure gauge is at zero so the boiler is not firing up. I thought I heard a small water leak in the wall near the boiler the other night, just before this happened, but the leak has now stopped.

I have been reading other posts to try to find a solution and I've hunted everywhere for the filling loop but can't find one. I don't have a hot water tank cupboard so it's not there, it's not hidden in the next kitchen unit, it isn't hidden anywhere I can see! I am absolutely freezing up here in sunny Scotland!!

Can anyone help please, I am a desperate female in need of being rescued. Thank you.

Hi.

Take the front panel off the boiler unit itself and see if you can see the filling loop in there. Will be a metal flexi hose with two tap handles, one either end.
Having said that if you heard water dripping before this happened there's more than likely another problem. The worst case the jacket has gone but then you would of seen water internally. Its more than likely the PRV has discharged, that happens when the valve is faulty or has stuck open or more likely in this case the pressure has got too high and opened up to dump the pressure. This could be down to vessel lost its charge, too little charge, diaphragm has perrished or the flexi to vessel has kinked/blocked.

Hi.

Take the front panel off the boiler unit itself and see if you can see the filling loop in there. Will be a metal flexi hose with two tap handles, one either end.
Having said that if you heard water dripping before this happened there's more than likely another problem. The worst case the jacket has gone but then you would of seen water internally. Its more than likely the PRV has discharged, that happens when the valve is faulty or has stuck open or more likely in this case the pressure has got too high and opened up to dump the pressure. This could be down to vessel lost its charge, too little charge, diaphragm has perrished or the flexi to vessel has kinked/blocked.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I can see a metal flexi hose coming from a red box and going somewhere behind it but neither end has a tap handle.
As for the rest of what you say, I'm sorry but you've totally lost me! The water was from behind a wall and not the boiler and there's no water leakage in the boiler. I'm sorry for not understanding the rest but I don't know anything about boilers!

That red box is the expansion vessel or the burner casing (depending on which burner it is).
Can you take boiler casing off and send a picture of the unit? That might help me point you in the right direction.

Edit : You might need to take top panel off as well

You're a genius!! I eventually managed to get the top off and found the filling loop behind the boiler near some pipes. I think I know what to do now - press the button thing on one side of the loop until the pressure gauge comes up to 1 bar - is that right?

Hi. Sorry but because you're a new member your posts have to be checked by admin before regular uses see them.
There should be two a double check valve on the cold main side, it looks like a straight valve which the flexi connects to. Open the other valve that connects to boiler side first and slowly introduce water from the cold main side until you have pressurised the system and then shut both off.
IF you have to bleed the radiators at any time in the future then the pressure will drop slightly and you just top up again as I said above.
If you find your system loses the pressure again then there's a problem somewhere.

That's brilliant. Thank you very much for your help. I'll try that as soon as my neighbour gets home because the worktop is too heavy for me to lift on my own - poor female weakling lol! It'll be great to get heat and hot water again. 😀

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Oil Combi Boiler Pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock