Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 15/19 enquiry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping someone can answer this query. I am going to replace my expansion vessel on my Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil fired boiler. I am fairly happy with most of the process my only query is within the instructions it says at the beginning to withdraw the boiler to prevent water ingress. But there is no further explaination as to how to do this. Advice would be appreciated.

I am assuming you mean it said to withdraw the BURNER?
That would be to prevent water falling on top of it and into electrics.
Problem is if you remove the burner out a bit, you will then be pulling on the oil hose connected to it and this can leak.
Also electrics need isolated.
Really a job for an oil service engineer to do. The new vessel gas precharge should be checked and kept in relation to system pressure.
It would be possible to remove the vessel carefully without pulling burner out, but would need old towels and plastic cover over burner area.
The old vessel will be extremely heavy if the membrane has ruptured and entire vessel full of water!

I am assuming you mean it said to withdraw the BURNER?
That would be to prevent water falling on top of it and into electrics.
Problem is if you remove the burner out a bit, you will then be pulling on the oil hose connected to it and this can leak.
Also electrics need isolated.
Really a job for an oil service engineer to do. The new vessel gas precharge should be checked and kept in relation to system pressure.
It would be possible to remove the vessel carefully without pulling burner out, but would need old towels and plastic cover over burner area.
The old vessel will be extremely heavy if the membrane has ruptured and entire vessel full of water!

Best- thanks for responding. I did mean withdraw the burner it was a typo.

Best- thanks for responding. I did mean withdraw the burner it was a typo.

Coincidently, today I serviced an oil boiler and moved the burner out and back in place carefully.
Then discovered the not particularly old oil hose had begun to leak and had to replace it

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 15/19 enquiry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock