Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Combi Intermittent CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If anyone can give me some pointers it would be appreciated.

I have a Heatslave that is having intermittent problems with CH, but the HW is fine. I ended up replacing the complete diverter so not just the head but whole body and also replaced afterwards the pump.

The problem is some times the radiators are hot when the boiler is running, but mostly they are luke warm. If I feel the pipes either side of the pump they are cold. If I feel the pipe at the back of the boiler labelled 'rear of appliance' it's red hot so is the heat exchanger and the pipe coming out of the heatslave to the 3 way diverter. I have tried manually controlling the 3 way valve, but the behaviour is the same. Its as if the flow is coming from the rear pipe, through the heat exchanger then out the pipe on the top of the heat store.

I have tried switching off the HW from the programmer on the boiler and just triggering the CH but it makes no difference. The boiler is firing, pump circulating ok. I've made sure I've bled air from the 3 points on top of the boiler and also that the autovent on top of the heat store isn't screwed shut.

Sorry for the long winded post.

20181016_170656.jpg

I'm thinking now it's an airlock as the 3 way valve and pump are fine. Can an airlock cause intermittent heating on a heatslave with cold pipes either side of the pump and hot water coming from the back of the boiler pipe labelled 'rear of appliance'.

If anyone has come across this give me a shout.

Cheers guys.

Bought a power flusher off ebay for £100 and thats fixed the flow issue in the boiler. Guy picked tbe flusher up today and paid £250 so great result.

I dont think good oil guys exist in this country.

So from 9.46 on Thursday morning to midnight on Friday you managed to get hold of a power flusher, which you didn't need, fix the so called problem and then sell it again.

This is after changing the divertor and pump.

ROFLMFAO

amazing really when i bought my powerflush machine took a week for delivery and when i sold it took a week on eBay obviosly the OP is a time traveller. or a wizard no i will settle for numpty

The OP has no interest in using a “good oil guy” as he obviously doesn’t want to pay any money.
So instead, he guesses what is wrong and pays a lot of money for expensive parts which weren’t faulty.

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Combi Intermittent CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock