Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester greenstar, Hot water intermittent. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Heating works and hot water- sometimes, but I noticed when I turn the hot tap on the pressure gauge drops to zero.
I've not seen this before. Topping up the pressure doesn't seem to make a difference. As soon as the heating only is on pressure goes back up to 1.5bar.
The thing is the flat is disgustingly filthy and I don't want to spend ages there... So if anyone has any pointers- much appreciated.

I'm thinking dirty line to PG and PV flat. Now can you get a blockage between the PG and the HW path only?

Check the diverter flap isn’t stuck
Check when hot water is running no flow is going down the htg flow

Other than the flow switch or plate it should work

Never need the guage go to zero on one tho then back to normal

Check the diverter flap isn’t stuck
Check when hot water is running no flow is going down the htg flow

Other than the flow switch or plate it should work

Never need the guage go to zero on one tho then back to normal
Yeah I've never seen that either. Can't fathom it.

I can't think of a single-component cause but, if I've understood the OP's observations correctly and the pressure changes are relatively rapid, a combination of faulty expansion vessel and a PRV that is passing at 1.5 bar might fit the bill.

Reply to Worcester greenstar, Hot water intermittent. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock