Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester greenstar heatslave ii central heating problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old.
The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for the central heating to come on. Most of the time the boiler light will come on, the boiler might fire up for a couple of seconds then the light will go out and no heating of the rads. On the odd occasion the boiler will fire up for a couple of minutes and I might get some heat into the rads before it shuts off again. I have noticed that if I run the hot water for a couple of minutes, wait for the boiler to finish heating the hot water and then turn the room stat up I can trick the boiler into coming on and heat the rads for half an hour or so before it cuts out.
I had a plumber/heating engineer out today who was a bit baffled by it. He felt it was an intermittent electrical fault, but couldn't offer any further help.
Pressure is good, rads have been bled and it gives plenty of hot water with no issues. New batteries in the wireless room stat.
Any ideas what could be the cause of the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Damian

Tbh would need to be in front of it get him to ring Worcester technical while he’s in front of it there a nice bunch

Reply to Worcester greenstar heatslave ii central heating problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock