Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have two issues. I suspect that they are not actually problems – the heating work fine.

Worcester Greenstar CDi. Installed in unheated garage. Protected by Honeywell pipestat and froststat.

1. The garage was cold (approx. 7° C). The room thermostat had demanded heating and the house had reached the set point (15°C) and the thermostat opened. The thermostat was turned up to 19°C. The boiler and pump switched on. The temperature on the display fell as the cooler water in the radiators was pumped back into the boiler. At 28°C the boiler switched off for 30 seconds (green ignition light went off, pump and boiler fan still running) and then flared on again and heated the water up to 64°C At all times, the roomstat was closed, demanding heating.

2. The garage was cold (approx. 7° C). There was no demand from the room thermostat or Hot water. The boiler temperature was approx. 60°C. The boiler ignited (green light on) for 30 seconds and the fan in the boiler ran for two minutes. It then switched off.

The heating does what is meant to – keep the house warm, but do was have an underlying problem? There was no faults shown on the boiler display and I cannot envisage any scenario that explains these actions. Please can anyone throw any light on it?

Frost stat set to #5 Boiler must of initiated the temperature being close enough 7 degs a bit close to BRRR +or- at the actual temp
When its cold and temperature reached boiler will function to prevent any freezing occurring.
Yes when Green lights out - no flames present at chamber - pump keeps running dissipating to check all moving parts connected to the system are working correctly also reserving a temperature status somewhere within the system
also if room stat was "CLOSED" - this is a demand for HEATING ON ..! OFF as opposed to being OPEN!
CLOSED - ON
OPEN - OFF

Reply to Worcester Greenstar Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock