Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar Boiler flu position conform? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have searched on the forum and read many of existing thread however I am not still confident I found all info for my personal case, if someone could help.

I am in the process of buying a house and the surveyor identified that the boiler flu might be too close to a opening.

However it seems that the seller had never had any issue with this for servicing the boiler (though they have a warning notice on main gas cabinet but gave an explanation for this not related to the flu position).

If I understood the flu should be away for 30cm from the opening such a windows or a door. in this case the flu seems closer than 30cm of the conservatory side windows (picture attached not sure if it is visible though). The surveyor did not measure the distance so I can't say exactly how much it is but it does not look like 30cm at the best it would be around 15 to 20cm.

Therefore should I consider that I might run into an issue with this flu (boiler from 2008, Worcester greenstar but do not know the exact model)?

What would be the alternative here if it is not conform?
Can I change the opening for a fixed windows? installing a plume management kit if existing for this model?

I would like to avoid the option to move the boiler as this could be an option in 2 or 3 years hoping the boiler will last for around 15 year as it is around 13 years old.

Thank you for your help,

Have a great day

Attachments

• flue position.PNG
    flue position.PNG
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 39
Too close. Needs a plume kit. Not a big job if you can still get them for your boiler. Ask the current owner to get it seen to.
Thank you all for your answer.

I have contacted the owner in this regard.

Actually the windows on the picture was looking as an opening one but he told me through the agency that this is a non opening windows. and as the conservatory has been built at the same time as the house, this non opening windows was here since the start. I assume it is why they never had any issue for servicing.

Thank you both for you answers

Last edited:
If the window doesnt open then it should be ok, but that is way too close if not. And a plume kit wont get away from the fact that its too close to an opening. It wont make the termination legal, i would be asking money off the property to move the boiler. Just to be on the safe side mate

The termination is fine, that corner of the conservatory might as well be made of brick as far as building regs are concerned so the sellers have absolutely no case to answer.

And a plume kit wont get away from the fact that its too close to an opening. It wont make the termination legal,
I beg to differ on that. The exhaust is the main concern and if it is away from an opening, it is fine in my book.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar Boiler flu position conform? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock