Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 8000 life 30kw Boiler Advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jennifer Marks

Vaillant boiler was decommissioned last week due to faulty flue, parts no longer available.

Heating engineer suggests: Worcester Greenstar 8000 life 30kw system boiler with horizontal flue and Worcester
magnetic filter. This sounds ideal, but he can't source it due to shortages so has suggested another Vaillant or a Worcester 30i.
Obviously not keen on another Vaillant because why would you make a boiler and then stop making parts!
We're worried that the 30i is an old version and will go the same way.
We have found a Worcester Greenstar 8000 Life 35kW System Boiler, obviously more expensive but my question is:
If you purchase a boiler that's a bit bigger than you need for the size of your house does it really matter (my question is very naïve I'm afraid so for that I apologise)
Thanking you in advance.

What valiant boiler do you have ?

All manufactures stop making parts for boilers at some point, Vaillant it is 15 years after end of manufacture which is reasonable, Ideal it is only 10! as i found out during the pandemic when trying to replace a boiler thermostat, not sure about Worcester, the 800 is built around the old Worcester classic which was always my preferred option, better than the i range,

I liked the last 4000 I fitted, don't think I'll fit another 30kw 8000.

To answer your question.
It doesn't really matter that much going from 30 to 35 in this scenario. 30 in theory would be more efficient but not sure you'd be able to tell the difference.

All boilers will need parts replacing throughout their working life, the need for proper servicing every year is very important small problems get corrected before turning into expensive repairs ,
You should be guided by your installer he will be the one to look after the boiler , we all have our favoured products but any of the big name boilers companies will have products to suit your property, Worcester in my opinion are not top 3 but there's 1000's fitted each year , I'd favour another Valliant over a Worcester but don't dismiss a Viessman, Ideal, or Baxi all good reputable boiler manufacturers offering long warranties on their boiler products and modern upto date controls . Regards Kop

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 8000 life 30kw Boiler Advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock