Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice/help with this issue.

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP which got it's first yearly service by B/Gas 2 days ago.

The boiler was working fine prior to the service, and seemed to work o.k yesterday, this morning the radiators went cold despite the thermostat being at 22 when I investigated I noticed that the pressure had fallen to about half a bar. The hot water was working , I took the bottom drip tray out and I noticed that there was some water in the tray, I emptied it and used the tool to put the pressure back up to 1.2 (which is has sat at happily since installation) and tried the heating again. The boiler seems to function as it should but the radiators stay cold. I reset the unit which puts it in to test mode for around 15 mins, during this test the heating comes on but the radiators lose heat and eventually go cold. I have a Hive thermostat which controls the heating, I have replaced the batteries, reset the connection and hooked it all back up to my phone,
I have set the temperature to Max, the boilers blue light is on, there is a flame indicator on the panel, but no heat from radiators, I am on B/Gas Homeserve, but they cannot get anyone out until Thursday - anyone any ideas ?

It's a combi boiler, and the valves are open for the heating. I have just noticed that if I turn the unit off from hive, the receiver light is going out but the boiler is ignoring the signal, the ignitor symbol is still on and the unit is burning gas but not heating. I noticed a lot of condensation dripping down from the unit. I repaired the hive with the unit but it's still not responding to it.

This is bottom of the boiler and the valve's I can see .. hope that helps.

Attachments

• heating 1.jpg
    heating 1.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 17
  • heating 2.jpg
    heating 2.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 17
Is your house freezing atm as that looks like a lot of condensation do you have a hot tap / anything hot running all the time ?

uou haven’t tried to top up the system have you and no put the key in ?

on the boiler screen the rad symbol should be on

if not there’s a manual button on the hive receiver press that

Last edited:
Is your house freezing atm as that looks like a lot of condensation do you have a hot tap / anything hot running all the time ?

uou haven’t tried to top up the system have you and no put the key in ?

on the boiler screen the rad symbol should be on

if not there’s a manual button on the hive receiver press that
Hi thanks for reply, My house is cold, I have electric heaters on atm. I cannot top up the system unless I lock the key in, turn it to lock symbol then turn the valve to allow pressure to go up. I then turn the key back. There is a lot of condensation, I mentioned in the post that the drip tray had some water in it, it looks like it is coming from high up in the boiler and dripping down. The boiler is not showing the Rad screen, although it never has, my Hive controls only the central heating and the receiver only has one button which is on. I have re-paired the Hive and it controls the receiver, but the boiler is not responding. If I hold the reset the boiler goes into service mode and the heating comes on for 15 at max temp, when the service mode stops the heating slowly cools, despite it being set to 22 on the hive, the boiler continues like the heating is on, it is burning gas constantly but not producing any heat to the radiators. I think the B/gas guy that did the service a couple of days ago did something to the thermostat in the boiler, Like disconnect it from the hive unit or something, I wasn't in when he came but my sister who sat in for him said he was in the house less than 15 minutes, and he didn't check the hive at all, like he never noticed it was there.

Can you dry the bottom of the boiler eg the pipes does the water come back ?

also can you take a pic of the boiler screen and hive reciever

The pipes are dry as I have had to turn the boiler off at the main switch. If I turn it on and run the service test, there is one or two drips on the tray when it is finished. Like I mentioned the boiler flame light is on and the unit is running even if I manually go and turn off the heating from either my phone app, the manual or the hive receiver, they boiler takes absolutely no notice of what I do via the Hive.

Attachments

• boiler front.jpg
    boiler front.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 15
  • receiver 1.jpg
    receiver 1.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 15
  • receiver 2.jpg
    receiver 2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 16
Your hot water is on

can you easily turn your mains stop tap off ?

not at the minute, its bit late tonight .. can you explain and I can try tomorrow?

if you turn it off and the heating comes on you have an outlet somewhere that’s running hot, easy way to test

which is what is happening I think because the tap is displayed on the boiler which means there’s hot water demand

unless someone was running the hot water when the above pic was taken

I believe Shaun is thinking you may have a leak on a hot water pipe. This means the boiler thinks you have a hot tap open and is heating that water and therefore will not switch to central heating mode as hot water takes priority.

Sorry, you all ready replied and I hadn’t refreshed the thread.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock