Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior - Heating wont come on - Hot water is fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkKershaw

3 -5 year old worcester greenstar 28i wont fire up properly, when you call for the heating to come on it sounds like its fired up and the ignition light comes on, after around 30 seconds the light goes off and the flow and return pipes are only slightly warm, Hot water seems to be working fine. Would be grateful if anyone had any ideas of what could be the issue? thanks, Mark

Not sure how in depth we're allowed to go with regards to advice as it's a gas appliance - but first place I'd check is the diverter valve. Had the same issue last week on the same boiler but in reverse. Boiler fired up on demand for hot water but water was stone cold. Boiler was still fired up a minute later and still no hot water. Checked flow/return pipes and they were up to temp. But obviously, I would recommend you get in a pro to check it over as if you start tinkering you could tinker with the wrong thing and your boiler might not be so gas safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks pal, yeah im not looking at fixing myself just seeking a bit of advice so a plumber doesnt come and charge me a fortune for something simple!

Thanks

Depends, it could just need freeing or it could need replacing. Depends on how 'stuck' it is. It might be the diverter valve motor. But there are other possible reasons for the operating error, like I said, when the engineer has a look he/she'll be able to confirm what the issue is ;)

As Jayde mentioned it's a job for an gas safe reg person. You are definitely not allowed to touch or take the case of the boiler off.

I need to remind you new guys about advice you give on the forum.

Please don't mention anything that entails the removal of the case.

Helping people is to be encouraged but sometimes a little knowledge is a very, very dangerous thing.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior - Heating wont come on - Hot water is fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock