Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24i issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello - just wondering if anyone has any ideas why my Worcester 24i combi boiler doesn't heat the central heating water? It heats the tap water just fine but when the demand comes in from the room thermostat for the central heating to turn on - nothing happens... I've checked the demand from the thermostat is reaching the circuit board (240VAC upon request). I can see the diverter valve moving up and down during switch-on, so that seems OK, I've changed the mains circuit board so that doesn't seem to be the problem either. The blue indicator light is on steady and doesn't flash to show any errors. What I've noticed is that if I put the unit into 'maintenance mode' the central heating works and the radiators get hot, so it seems that the basic functionality of the system is OK... I suspect I have a faulty sensor somewhere but looking at the circuit diagram, I can't see an obvious culprit....

Any thoughts anyone?

PS I think the gaskets at the top and bottom of the heat exchanger may need replacing as they are 'oozing' out (see pics)- but not sure this has anything to do with my CH problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 18
I think you’re boiler needs a service with the condition of those gaskets. I also urge you to stop messing around with a gas appliance. Did you perform a flue integrity check on the boiler after removing the cover? It’s a public open forum, it prevents us giving gas related advice to diy.

I think you’re boiler needs a service with the condition of those gaskets. I also urge you to stop messing around with a gas appliance. Did you perform a flue integrity check on the boiler after removing the cover? It’s a public open forum, it prevents us giving gas related advice to diy.
You may well be right about getting it serviced by a Pro, I've given my wife more than enough time to get it fixed and she's clearly out of her dept :)

Tbh I would phone Worcester up for a fixed price repair as the heat engine looks Goosed / leaking they do have a 10 year warranty on them (the heat engine)

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 24i issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock