Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24i E9 with code 276 fault in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am handy DIYer but not interested in touching anything boiler related! Just interested before I get a Gas safe engineer out what I could be looking at for what the problem is and rough cost. So in a nutshell, I put a radiator on in a room in the extension, noticed after that the pressure went low so topped it up, maybe went a bit over 1.5 bar so bled some out to just over 1 bar. Now no hot water at all with E9 code and 276 code. No flashing blue light and CH working fine.

Your boiler's safety temp has tripped try reset, if it carrys on then new temp sencer req.
Ok thanks, doesn't sound like a big fix then. No it doesn't reset. Shame to get an engineer out just for that, do you think it's worth doing a bit of preventative maintenance while they are about like cleaning out the heat exchanger for example? I live in a limescale area and the boiler is 5 years old. Ta

Try the old turning off and on again via the spur

Yes I would strip the boiler heat engine down and pull and clean the baffles

As for the hot water hex not worth stripping and descaling unless there’s a problem

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 24i E9 with code 276 fault in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and releaaed air from the system. Repressurised the system afterwards with the water valve and the noise had stopped... until about the same the next day...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock