Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm due to change my first plate on a Worcester Greenstar next week (not looking forward to it).
I found this on Youtube. Is it really as easy as this guy says? And what about checking/replacing the O-rings?
Any tips most welcome.
Thanks
Jennie

Last edited:
Does the pipes go up the back of the boiler ?

Left hand hydro block out and bypass tube you will be fine

Replace the left hand as it gives you all the washers

Worst case you remove the whole hydro assembly eg the two transparent plastic clips, expansion vessel flex out of pump block and guage, slide the prv slider down and undo all the jig nuts and the whole lot will come out

We do quite a lot of work on these and I always find it easier to just drain and remove the whole hydraulic flow and return sections in one. If it's over 7/8 years I always advise customer to replace plastic flow block, dhw restrictor and prv, cost ÂŁ60 ish but massive saving in the future. Just take your time undoing everything and cover board etc with a towel.

Or a Cdi 20 mins and a left hand hydro block :D

Reply to Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under guarantee as I get it checked annually with British Gas (they installed it and said the guarantee would be extended until it is 10yr old if I kept the annual...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys... Happy New year to you all.... Been out to a Worcester Greenstar Combi last week.... Problems with hot water not getting very hot.... Boiler is set to max on and I'm getting about 40 degree out of the tap.... Turned of the flow and return at the boiler to check diverter but this made...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock