Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm due to change my first plate on a Worcester Greenstar next week (not looking forward to it).
I found this on Youtube. Is it really as easy as this guy says? And what about checking/replacing the O-rings?
Any tips most welcome.
Thanks
Jennie

Last edited:
Does the pipes go up the back of the boiler ?

Does the pipes go up the back of the boiler ?
Oh my goodness - they do. That video will never work then. I'll have to start taking parts out to get to it from the front. I might just enlist a more experienced engineer to come with me. Thanks for pointing that out to me. :)

Left hand hydro block out and bypass tube you will be fine

Replace the left hand as it gives you all the washers

Worst case you remove the whole hydro assembly eg the two transparent plastic clips, expansion vessel flex out of pump block and guage, slide the prv slider down and undo all the jig nuts and the whole lot will come out

We do quite a lot of work on these and I always find it easier to just drain and remove the whole hydraulic flow and return sections in one. If it's over 7/8 years I always advise customer to replace plastic flow block, dhw restrictor and prv, cost £60 ish but massive saving in the future. Just take your time undoing everything and cover board etc with a towel.

Or a Cdi 20 mins and a left hand hydro block :D

Reply to Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock