• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm due to change my first plate on a Worcester Greenstar next week (not looking forward to it).
I found this on Youtube. Is it really as easy as this guy says? And what about checking/replacing the O-rings?
Any tips most welcome.
Thanks
Jennie

Last edited:

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Does the pipes go up the back of the boiler ?
Oh my goodness - they do. That video will never work then. I'll have to start taking parts out to get to it from the front. I might just enlist a more experienced engineer to come with me. Thanks for pointing that out to me. :)

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Left hand hydro block out and bypass tube you will be fine

Replace the left hand as it gives you all the washers

Worst case you remove the whole hydro assembly eg the two transparent plastic clips, expansion vessel flex out of pump block and guage, slide the prv slider down and undo all the jig nuts and the whole lot will come out

IND_Nick

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
We do quite a lot of work on these and I always find it easier to just drain and remove the whole hydraulic flow and return sections in one. If it's over 7/8 years I always advise customer to replace plastic flow block, dhw restrictor and prv, cost £60 ish but massive saving in the future. Just take your time undoing everything and cover board etc with a towel.

Reply to Worcester grecnstar - changing the plate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net