Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester grecnstar burner seal (servicing) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just curious - how often do you all replace the burner seal on a Worcester Greenstar during servicing?

Assuming all is well with combustion levels, pressure test, etc. (As without X-ray vision, one obviously can't see the state of it until you take it apart).

Thanks everyone,

Jennie

Worcester recommend they are done every 5 years. There was a technical bulletin about them, see attached.

I generally find it comes down to how much the boiler is used.

Attachments

• TB_0138_b_-_WB6_burner_gasket_inspection.pdf
    628 KB · Views: 10
I would second what Shaun said, every 4 years. If you leave it too long the whole service can be a nightmare with stuck baffles etc. It doesn't take long if the boiler isn't in an awful position to remove/clean/replace. I also replace the DHW restrictor at the same time as these are prone to failure. We'll maintained these boilers last forever, ish.

Change them regularly. I came across this one that had failed to fire, but customer kept pressing the reset until it eventually fired. Luckily I got there before he burned the place down. Scorch marks on outside of casing and alot of heat damage to plastic parts.

Attachments

• IMG-20211123-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0018.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20211123-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0028.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20211123-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0022.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi probably posting in the wrong place here I've just had my bolier serviced and the engineer replaced the burner seal on a Worcester green junior boiler .he had trouble getting the it back together after replacing the seal he was banging at quite hard And now bolier makes a tapping noise on starting up shut down and every time circulation pump kicks in had engineer back who said it's my heat exchanger creaking and nothing to worry about but it was not doing it before the service so it's a bit worrying .

Reply to Worcester grecnstar burner seal (servicing) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock