• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Worcester combi 25Si burner light out in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Graydraws

Hi all.
was wondering if anyone knew why my hot water is not working on Worcester Greenstar 25Si .
sequence of events:
I removed a radiator for decorating , shutting of valves etc then repressurised the boiler back up to 1.5. All seemed to be working .
I turned off water overnight.
Next day I tried to turn on hot water at taps (after turning water back on).
boiler whirred into action but then cut off at mains , tripping socket fuse etc. I turned back on at the mains box,
I topped up pressure a little and it hasn’t cut off since, but there’s no hot water/heating.
Tried resetting it etc
There’s no green light on boiler.
Any suggestions ? I will call someone out but just checking I’m not missing anything ...
Thanks!
G

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Are you sure it’s an Si? If it’s tripped the electrics, and no there’s no power (what I’m assuming is the green light), then likelyhood is it’s took out a fuse as well.

Graydraws

Are you sure it’s an Si? If it’s tripped the electrics, and no there’s no power (what I’m assuming is the green light), then likelyhood is it’s took out a fuse as well.
It looks pretty much like this one. The sticker on it does say 25si combi. There is power to it now. The tripping stopped after I topped up the pressure a little. It seems to be making a lot of the normal sounds. The bottom blue light flashes when you turn a hot water tap indicating some kind of fault but then turns back to a steady blue light after a short while. There's no 'burner indicator' light (top left in pic), but guessing there should be. The gas supply seems fine in rest of house.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
It looks pretty much like this one. The sticker on it does say 25si combi. There is power to it now. The tripping stopped after I topped up the pressure a little. It seems to be making a lot of the normal sounds. The bottom blue light flashes when you turn a hot water tap indicating some kind of fault but then turns back to a steady blue light after a short while. There's no 'burner indicator' light (top left in pic), but guessing there should be. The gas supply seems fine in rest of house.
Sorry, was thinking of a different Worcester. Does the heating work? I’m guessing not.
Did you reset the boiler after it tripped out after possibly overheating (when there was no water in it)?

Last edited:

Graydraws

Sorry, was thinking of a different Worcester. Does the heating work? I’m guess Not. Did you reset the boiler after it tripped out after possibly overheating (when there was no water in it)?
No , heating doesn't work. that's right yeah - tried resetting it after the trip out. Hoping I've not done any major damage!

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
No , heating doesn't work. that's right yeah - tried resetting it after the trip out. Hoping I've not done any major damage!
Ok, so assuming you haven’t ran out of gas, or knocked the ECV (emergency control valve) off, then it’s lik still an overheat situation, which could be a few things - pump, heat exchanger, other components.

If you do have gas on, sorry, but you’re going to need a gas safe registered engineer or a fixed price repai from Worcester.

Graydraws

Ok, so assuming you haven’t ran out of gas, or knocked the ECV (emergency control valve) off, then it’s lik still an overheat situation, which could be a few things - pump, heat exchanger, other components.

If you do have gas on, sorry, but you’re going to need a gas safe registered engineer or a fixed price repai from Worcester.
ok thanks. Hoping it won't cost and arm and a leg!

Reply to Worcester combi 25Si burner light out in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net