Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester CDi error code in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am new to this forum and looking for some help with an annoying issue with my Worcester CDi boiler ( installed about 2010 ). It provides heating and hot water ( through a separate lagged water tank).

Over a year ago it started going into a mode for a number of minutes before it then started running properly and it now does this pretty much every time the timer starts it...regardless if it's heating water, rads or both.

A number of call outs to British Gas I get told it's just normal and to do with syphon mode....but after multiple web searches I understand what error code is displayed when the boiler is in syphon mode....it looks like a bit like this.... '=||='...this is not the error code I get when it's in this mode. The error code displayed looks like the pic attached

IMG_20201022_073544375.jpg

Which flashes on and off. The boiler waits for a period of time before kicking in again and then stops and displays the error and cycles like this for up to 30min sometimes before it goes into normal operation.

I have tried in vain to find any reference to this error code and I keep getting palmed off by British Gas that it's normal operation....but if normal means I put the hot water on for 45min in the morning and it takes 30min to get started that doesn't feel very normal.

Any help from friends on this forum would be greatly appreciated, even if it's to tell me I need a new boiler!...any links to sites that identify the error code would also be appreciated.

Kind regards
Martin

Hi

I am new to this forum and looking for some help with an annoying issue with my Worcester CDi boiler ( installed about 2010 ). It provides heating and hot water ( through a separate lagged water tank).

Over a year ago it started going into a mode for a number of minutes before it then started running properly and it now does this pretty much every time the timer starts it...regardless if it's heating water, rads or both.

A number of call outs to British Gas I get told it's just normal and to do with syphon mode....but after multiple web searches I understand what error code is displayed when the boiler is in syphon mode....it looks like a bit like this.. '=||='...this is not the error code I get when it's in this mode. The error code displayed looks like the pic attachedView attachment 45877

Which flashes on and off. The boiler waits for a period of time before kicking in again and then stops and displays the error and cycles like this for up to 30min sometimes before it goes into normal operation.

I have tried in vain to find any reference to this error code and I keep getting palmed off by British Gas that it's normal operation....but if normal means I put the hot water on for 45min in the morning and it takes 30min to get started that doesn't feel very normal.

Any help from friends on this forum would be greatly appreciated, even if it's to tell me I need a new boiler!

does the boiler have perm power eg where the error is displayed this has numbers in even when the heating or hot water isn’t on?

So the little led display is always live / got numbers on it ?

Re photo....hopefully attached now

Regards
MartinView attachment 45881

that’s the temperature is rising too fast normally sometimes errors on e9 as well
[automerge]1603393441[/automerge]
Moved posts to your own thread saves moving up different threads

Maybe unrelated, but when the CDIs first came to the UK they had a service interval indicator that needed to be reset in a certain manor. But I can't remember the symbols it did or the procedure to reset it.....

I’ve had a couple of boilers with these symptoms turning out be either a genuine pump tiring resulting in overheat or PCB fault. Needs gas safe engineer.

Reply to Worcester CDi error code in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, I have a Bosch 35CDi, and today found all the lights flashing on the front. Normally I can reset the boiler, but this did not work. There isn't an error code, since even the error code display is flashing. I have searched the internet but cannot see this problem elsewhere, since every...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock