Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Warranty and powerflushing microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jenschof

Hi there

I am currently getting quotes to replace Swiftflow Gloworm Combi boiler in our rental property with either Worcester Bosch 25si or 30si. Have seen 3 Worcester Bosch Accredited Installers all offering diffferent advice to one extent or another. The current boiler is in airing cupboard in middle of 2 bed terrace, so vented into loft. The system is also microbore pipework. One installer is saying Powerflush is not necessary on installation if all rads are heating properly, which they are. Another is saying that not flushing will not comply with Worcester Bosch warranty. Rang Worcester and the guy sounded a little unsure, but said he thought as long as the system was chemically cleaned would be OK, and that Powerflushing a micro bore system could cause damage. However, reading heat exchanger guarantee on their website it mentions "the system must be flushed and cleansed in accordance with BS7593. Water that is naturally soft must not be used without a suitable corrosion inhibitor. Water that is artificially softened via a Base Exchange Softening System must not be used. It is essential that the pH level does not exceed 8"

Also, can get extra year warranty if fit their filter, but it has been slagged off on this forum by many plumbers. Is it better to forgo extra year and fit a better one? Is it that they are no good or just more awkward for plumbers to fit?

Can anyone clarify, as I am getting more and more confused. Also, are the Worcester Bosch warranties as good as they say they are in practice or do they try and wriggle out of everything, blaming it on poor installation etc?

Is there a definitive plumbing body one can go to to get correct impartial advice?

powerflushing microbore can be difficult tbh. especially if its 8mm. If the system is in ok condition then one or two mains flushes with a good chemical cleaner should be fine. If the system is in a really bad condition then it may be better to repipe/replace it.

a good magnetic filter is a must. I dont like the WB filter, id go for a magnaclean 2 professional or a spirotect mb3.

worcest bosch offer a very good customer service, if they get called out under warranty and its a sludge related problem they will normally fix it for free once and then recommend action is needed to eliminate the cause to avoid future issues that they may have to charge for.

you cant blame any manufacturer for not wanting to cover poor installations, its no it there control or there fault. Worcester are one of the better manufacturer's from my experience with being reasonable in these situations.

Last edited:
How long is warranty you getting on wb? Why do u want a wb? If Worcester made everything the wouldn't be a I would like to live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Warranty and powerflushing microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock