Search the forum,

Discuss worcester bosch system boiler and 180litre Greenstore cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am quoting on a job in a very nice property the problem I have is the boiler will be in a purpose built boiler room just off the utility room downstairs the existing boiler has a mono draught flue and if floor mounted , the cylinder will go in the same place as the existing which is central to the house and upstairs , I don't like the worcester controls as I feel they are not user friendly in my view so I use Honeywell the problem I have is I don't want to go rf it's just to much of a risk as its more than 30m away and lots of walls , the system will be installed as a s plan obviously I need control over central heating time and temp ie programmable thermostat and also timing for the hot water these will need hard wiring i could go rf maybe if I could get the receiver closer to the stat ? I suggested a hive or wave but they don't want that any advice gratefully recieved regards k

Last edited:
Had a similar issue years ago. Solved by running bell wire from receiver to close to room with controller in it. At receiver end, just a flat coil of wire held in place by body of receiver. At controller end, just the end of the wire. No electrical connection at all, just an efficient path for the RF signal.

Worth trying all laid out on surface, and if works, conceal as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosch system boiler and 180litre Greenstore cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock